MDOCS Flyer-2015-06-01, 2015 Storytellers' Institute Info Slide
June 1, 2015
MDOCS, Storytellers' Institute, info slide, Fellows, family
This was an information slide created for the 2015 Storytellers' Institute with information for Institute Fellows.
Details about the 2015 summer institute:
2015's inaugural MDOCS Storytellers' institute documents "family." Being part of a family is an integral part of the human experience. Whether the family is one we are born into, chose or were chosen for; large or small; gathers for weekly dinners, annual holidays or an occasional conversation; evokes comedy or drama, love or loss...family shapes who we are in past, present and future tenses. Keynote documentarians, filmmaker and multimedia storyteller Thomas Allen Harris and sound documentarian Jim Metzner kick off conversation on June 8/9 and June 15.
Institute Fellows (Yvonne Welbon, Carolyn Macartney, Jonna McKone, and Evan Roberts) and Institute Associates (Chris D. Moore, Nicky Tavares and Adam Tinkle) join Skidmore faculty and student Scholars to workshop, advance projects, and find inspiration as Saratoga Springs springs into summer.
- Keynote: June 8 and 9, Thomas Allen Harris
- 6/8 @ 7 pm: screening of award-winning documentary film, Through A Lens Darkly, followed by director's talk
- 6/9 @ 1-4pm: Digitial Diaspora workshop, gathering photo album stories from the community
- 6/9 @ 8 pm: Digital Diaspora Family Reunion Roadshow highlights stories told
- Master Documentarian: June 15, Jim Metzner
- 6/15 @ 7pm: The Magic of Sound
- 6/16: lead a listening walk for early-morning risers
Dym, Jordana, "MDOCS Flyer-2015-06-01, 2015 Storytellers' Institute Info Slide" (2014). MDOCS Publications. 80.
This document is currently not available here.